If we didn't laugh we would cry....

 October 29, 2012

Thanks to Jillian Lauren (http://www.jillianlauren.com/blog/) Kristen Howerton (http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/), and Deb Swisher (along with the billions of kids they have between them) for making this brilliantly funny and sadly accurate spoof on the Stupid #$%@ People Say to Transractial (Adopted) Families!

These women rock...please show them some love on You Tube and on their blogs. OMG, love them!

This should go adoption community viral....






So which of these comments do you get most often?  Which one makes you the craziest?

For me I get the "they're so lucky....you are so amazing" one all the time. It makes me so uncomfortable. I mean what on earth am I supposed to say to that? Never mind that the "lucky" characterization is all sorts of messed up, I can't help but feel there is an implied "you are a total freak" in the  "amazing" part.

I also get a lot of inquiries about how they all get along...as if shared DNA is the secret to sibling bliss....or that sibling bliss exists at all!

But the one that irritates me the most is the "you need to put some... (fill in the blank with whatever oil/petroleum product you can think of)... in her hair". I know I need to chill but.... HELLO PEOPLE I DID NOT ASK TO HELP ME, it's not that I don't know how to take care of my kid's hair, its that she is five and fights me and I'm tired because you know, I've got six kids. Did you call out that other Caucasian mom when her blond blue eyed daughter had bed head? Nooooooo.
.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs