Waiting Mama's 100 Day Fitness Challenge

 November 28, 2011

Using the best information available I'm guessing that we are looking at another 15 weeks (more than 3 months, groan) before we finally meet our new daughter.  It really hit me hard over the Thanksgiving weekend as the reality of celebrating the holidays without the Butterfly started to set in.

This is not going to be easy.

It never is.

Waiting moms cope in many different ways.  We blog and obsess on message boards, we call our agencies and stalk the UPS guy, some of us buy baby clothes and decorate rooms and a whole lot of us EAT.

Our own special version of "eating for two".

For me eating has been my #1 way to self soothe, (chocolate is my drug of choice), and adoption eating during the holidays...NOT a good combination.


Since we're all friends here, I'll share that right now I weigh more than I've ever weighed in my life. While that Met Life BMI calculator thingy still says I'm in a "normal" range I am too far to the other end of the range to feel like myself. Since I ran my half marathon last April, I've fallen off the exercise wagon and hitched myself to the chuck wagon.

I'm out of control.


I need a project, a distraction, a goal, or an intervention.

So today I am starting on a 100 day diet and exercise program with the help of Stewart Forscher an adoptive dad and Team Beachbody coach. Knowing that accountability will translate into success for me,  I'm sharing here.

I'll be starting with Beachbody's 10 Minute Trainer program and I'll probably also add in a little bit of running, (maybe 10-11 miles a week). That will get me to Christmas and then I'll decide what to do next.

My diet will be a 1200 calorie per day plan that includes high quality food, Shakeology and a lot more water. Not sure if I'm going to like that part yet.  The increased water alone will be a challenge as most of my "water" is hot and filled with COFFEE.

To help I've downloaded a new ap on my iphone called My Fitness Pal that keeps track of everything I eat  along with my daily exercise, so far I love it (even if the first day I used it I exceeded my daily calorie count at about 3 in the afternoon).

Seriously. Out. Of. Control.

So here it begins... 100 days of clean eating and exercise.

And at the end hopefully.... a fit mommy holding her beautiful new daughter.

I know there are other waiting moms out there munching on chocolate.  If you are and you're interested in joining me I would be thrilled to have a waiting mama workout buddy if we enough people interested we can start out own online fitness/emotional support group.  Just leave a comment here or shoot me an email to let me know you're interested. 




Voting burns calories...just sayin'
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs