Solo Parents...I'm Not Worthy

 April 3, 2011

I'm so sick of being sick! And single and sick, forget that!!
I’ve been a single mom for the past 4 days. 

Dart and Kiefer’s big Christmas present from me was a long weekend at an adult hockey camp in Washington DC.

It was this weekend. (They actually left Thursday morning.)

Which of course was the morning right after Macy’s seizure and the same time she, Nina and I all came down with the flu.

Dart wanted to cancel but I wouldn’t let him. I think that would have only made me feel worse.


It has been a looooong weekend though.

I have been up to my eyeballs in poop and puke and laundry.

The girls (and I) are cranky and bored and tired of coughing.

Four straight days quarantined to the house, living in our PJ’s is getting old.

I think we have watched every princess movie we own (which I think is all of them, groan).

We have baked cupcakes and brownies and bread.

BREAD for crying out loud.

I mean who the heck bakes bread people?  Not me for sure....not unless I have two preschoolers so flaked out with cabin fever that watching dough rise seems like a thrill ride at Disney.

I’ve also done more arts and crafts than a kindergarten teacher.  We've painted pet rocks, beaded necklaces, made bunny ear hats, done finger paints and made construction paper cards for daddy.

(For the record, I'm not a crafty, glitter and glue sort of mom...if I never see another glue stick it will be too soon.)


Bottom line we are sick of being sick.


And I have run out of distractions and energy and patience.


This weekend does make me wonder how single moms, military mom’s and others going it alone for long stretches do it.

God bless all of you!

You have a strength, a super human reserve I do not.

I am in awe.

Yeah I guess you can be humble and say ( like all moms) you do what you have to do, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.

The relentless 24 hour on all the time schedule is beyond exhausting.

And when you are sick... with sick kids...I mean yowzer

Solo parents.

I am not worthy.

Four days and stick a fork in me.

I’m done.


Dart will be home tonight.

Thank you Jesus.









I'm sure I didn't particularly inspire anyone with this post but maybe you'll just feel bad for me and vote for me on Circle of Moms anyway.

Then of you really want to throw me a pity party toss me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs too....cause right now that's all I got... blog contests, poop and puke. wah, wah , wah.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs