Family Planning, Extreme Edition

 February 9, 2011

I received my monthly “Places Everyone” email from my China agency today, it read:

The CCAA has completed the matching process for families with dossiers registered through June 2, 2006. ….We hope to learn more about the CCAA’s next referral group later this month or in early March. Our upcoming referral families will have experienced a 4.6 year referral timeframe.   

This is from the first “Places Everyone” I received way back in December 2007:

This month, the CCAA completed the matching process for families with dossiers registered through November 30, 2005….Since we did not receive referrals for the regular track families this month, the families from our next referral group will experience a 23 month referral timeframe.  

I am not really sure why I’m still getting these since we switched to special needs and have now been home with Macy for 8 months but I am interested to see the progress (or lack thereof) the non special needs program is making. Not making. You know what I mean.

It is almost unfathomable that in the 38 months since we got the first email, the backlog has grown an additional 32 months!

It is almost a standstill.

I guess it could be worse.

China could ask us to send some kids back.

Had we stayed in the non special needs program I am guessing we could expect a referral in about 95 more months.

That’s almost 8 years.

Can you see the email now… “Our upcoming referral families will have experienced a 13 year referral timeframe.”



Hey now wait a minute...maybe the paperwork got screwed up and I AM still on the list.

Yes, yes the emails all make sense now.

I'm getting another referral!

In 2020.



Of course by that time I don’t know who will need the stroller more, the kid or me.


Support this blog by voting daily...
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs