Welcome to Crazy Town

 April 16, 2010

Yesterday I had a sure sign that we have crossed the border to crazy town. It started with a text message from Dart that read, “Are you expecting something from China?” Really are you kidding me Dart? Umm well let me think…only my DAUGHTER!!!!! I immediately wrote back asking what he had and he responded saying someone called from the post office saying they had a package from China that required a signature for pick up. My heart started racing, could this be my travel approval? I thought my agency would call me with this but maybe I was wrong. Maybe when families have waited almost 6 months CCAA sends a direct package with the travel approval documents.  It could happen. Oh my goodness this is it, we are going to China!

Once again I text Dart and instruct him to run to the car and open the package. By this point I was consumed by the anticipation of our travel approval but since Dart was in the middle of a class I had to wait until he had a break. An eternity later (ok maybe it was 20 minutes) he emailed this photo of the package contents…
Not exactly what I was hoping for. For the uninitiated (count your blessings) these are World of War Craft action figures apparently ordered by Aidan from a collector in China. (Hmmm, guess I forgot they made things other than beautiful babies in China.)

Honestly Dart and I both had a good laugh about it. I mean what were we thinking? Was China just going to UPS our kid to us? We must be losing it. Surely thinking you might get a baby in a box has to be a sign of some sort of adoption stress disorder.

In an attempt to retain whatever shred of sanity and dignity I have left, I have now requested that no member of our family order anything from China until after Macy is home.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs