Limbo

 April 15, 2010

Russian adoption to the US was suspended today after a US mother put their adopted child on a plane back to Russia. That is the tragic story that is getting the headlines but to me the worst part of this tragedy is that countless GOOD parents and innocent children are now stuck in limbo.

I know first hand what it is like to meet a child, fall in love, imagine a future and then leave with a promise that I could return one day to bring her home. I am acutely aware of what it is like to stare at a photo, month after month imagining the moment you finally become a family. Take it from me limbo sucks!

My heart breaks thinking about these fledgling families stuck on the edge of hell. Most especially for those families who have already bonded with their children, (and make no mistake they are now and forever more their children). So, while it would be easy to fill the page with my thoughts about what this one woman in TN did, I choose rather to use this space to say to the good and loving adoptive parents and their beautiful waiting children... you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight and every night until your forever comes.

A fellow AP who knows of our long wait for Macy sent this quote to me last night. I pass it on now to my Russian adoptive friends, especially Lynette...


"You never know how strong you are until strong becomes your only choice."

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs