I800a Approval!!!

 January 22, 2010


Today marks three months since we found our sweet Macy. It is hard to believe we have been waiting that long and its even harder to think we are still 8-10 weeks away from traveling to China. We did get a ray of hope yesterday when Nina called us from the National Benefits Center. (That is where our I800a was being processed.) Nina needed a couple of additional pieces of documentation to approve our application. She gave me a fax number and said if you get it to me within the next hour I will approve you before I go home. Hoo Rah, you bet we got her everything she needed. She called right before 5 to let us know we were approved!!!


Now we are waiting for her to send the approval in the mail (or by email-not sure). Once we have it we can then file yet another form, the I800 (notice no "a" at the end). The I800 is the document that really gets the ball rolling in terms of calculating time. Before now we have been in a major holding pattern with no way of even guessing when we would travel. (Sadly if we hadn't had the social worker mishaps we did, we should have been able to file the I 800 the day we received our LOA, way back on November 27th. I don't know when I will get over those lost two months, arrgh!!!)

So anyway finally back on track we are looking at a departure window of the last week of March to the first week of April. So today I am going to start the friday count down from 10 weeks.  It's a worst case senario but if we go early I promise not to complain!

Here we go COUNT IT DOWN....

TEN WEEKS UNTIL WE GO TO CHINA!



Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs