Adoption Decree Issued!

 December 12, 2008

We got the news from our case worker by email at 3:14pm today.


“Congratulations! You are now the parents of beautiful Nina! Your adoption decree was issued today."(and an hour later from our agency director...)








"CONGRATULATIONS - YOU ARE PARENTS OF NINOCHKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


I can’t begin to express the relief I feel right now. All day I have been on edge waiting for the news. As soon as I woke up this morning I calculated the time in Ust-Kamenogorsk. 6:00am here, 5pm there-end of day December 12th. The waiting period is over. Now I just needed the confirmation that an adoption decree was issued. I waited until 10:30am and couldn't stand it any longer, I called my agency. They said they had not heard yet but would let me know as soon as they did. Are you kidding me?! Call someone!! So since 10:30 this morning I have been checking by blackberry every 90 seconds or so, sent a couple test emails (just to check), and had someone call my cell (can’t be too careful). Good thing the news got to me when it did, I’m not sure how much more waiting I can stand.


So now I write this as the official (very happy, slightly teary eyed) mother of four; three boys and a girl.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs