What's Worse Than Being Hated By Your USCIS Officer?

 January 4, 2012

Do you know what's worse than a USCIS officer that hates you?

Almost nothing.

But a personal trainer that hates you?

Well it's close.

I'm on day 3 of my 5am/6pm, two-a-day boot camp.Yesterday I was so sore that I contemplated throwing myself down the stairs because it would be less painful than actually lifting my leg to take a step.

I hurt.

This morning we had a "fun run"...30 second intervals of fast sprints with a "recovery jog" in between.  After the embarrassing struggle to crunch my abs during the prior 10 minutes I thought finally something I can do.  I mean I ran a half marathon 6 months ago.  That's like 13.1 miles...says so on the sticker on my car right?  I got this.

NOT.

I sucked it up.  Literally. I was sucking for air.

Damn this is hard(er) each time. 

The thing about exercising is you sort of have to keep doing it. Duh. I know this so why is exercise a chronic series of fits and starts for me?  What's that 2012 word of mine?  Discipline?  Yeah that's it, that's what it takes. That's what I need.

If only it were on Amazon.  I'd order up a case right now.


...in other slightly less self adsorbed news;

  • I received the hard copy of our I 800 approval.  It was actually dated December 28th a WHOLE DAY (dripping sarcasm) sooner than we thought.  I'm starting my daily calls to the NVC today to find out if our approval was cabled to Guangzhou.  If I can get a PDF copy of the cable we can save a week or two waiting for the next step.  
  • Middle Child broke his leg last week.  It was a bizarre injury and I still cant believe he did it.  He slipped and fell on a wet tile floor.  I saw the whole thing and honestly it didn't seem possible that he could have hurt himself much less break a bone.  Luckily he does not need surgery and he should heal just fine but he will be in a cast for at least the next 6 weeks. We are all hoping it is off before we leave for China.

Oh well off to get ready for work...damn I've got to climb those stairs.

There is no charge for reading about my glamorous and oh so fabulous life but you can show some love by clicking on the perky juggling chick and voting for me. :) Thanks
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs