Going Back to Kazakhstan

 January 10, 2011

I couldn't say anything sooner because it would have ruined the surprise for Kiefer (it was his birthday gift from us) but Kiefer and I will be returning to Kazakstan this fall with Two Hearts for Hope a wonderful non-profit organization that is doing amazing things for the orphans in Kazakhstan.  As part of "2 Hearts 2 Kaz Team 2011" we will travel to Taraz, Kazakhstan to build and replace 100 beds in the Ulan Children’s Home. At a time when Kazakhstan adoption is at a virtual standstill the need is more great than ever!

You might recall that in September I "ran" my first 5k race and in doing so helped raise money to purchase the beds for this particular project.  Back then I wasn't thinking I would actually travel to Kazakhstan to install the beds, much less that I would be able to share the experience with my dear son, but I am thrilled it has worked out this way. When I started talking to my family about possibly going on the mission trip Kiefer immediately asked if he could join me. (Can I just say, I love that this kid is searching for a way to have meaning in his life.)  His interest cinched it for me.

Kiefer and I are tentatively scheduled to leave on or about September 22, 2011 for the 11 day trip to Taraz. Please keep us and the project in your thoughts and prayers.


If you are unfamiliar with Two Hearts for Hope I encourage you to check out their website



Two Hearts for Hope Mission Statement:
           Proverbs 31:8 says "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute."
We believe God has called everyone to take care of the orphans. Our mission is to provide hope to the orphans of Kazakhstan through the donations we collect and the projects we organize. We believe by showing God's love, we are able to foster emotional and spiritual growth in these children. We believe that through our actions we exhibit the truth of the Gospel of Jesus. With God's guidance, our hope is to provide a better understanding of the plight of the orphans in Kazakhstan while providing the basic necessities these children lack.
We believe:
- It is the responsibility of all God's children to take care of the orphans.
- We are best able to provide for orphans.
- Every orphan deserves something of their own.
- Hope is a very powerful thing and with it, we can change lives

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs