So Close and Yet So Far...

 January 28, 2010

I got an email today from Stephanie at Great Wall letting me know that she received our I800. Waahoo!! Though it was good to hear last Friday that we were approved, we need the actual document to file the next round of paperwork.

Now I don’t know why I do this to myself but I was reading a thread on Rumor Queen, (a China adoption forum), and it had this chart that showed the time it took other families from the point we are now until the time they got their Travel Approval. Most families fell between 60 and 70 days. BUT, there is this one family, just one, but one just recently, that traveled in only 45 days!

DID YOU HEAR ME?  45 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

So I know I should not get my hopes up but I am asking you all to send me your prayers that we too can be that LUCKY family. Of course we already ARE that lucky family but lucky and fast is good too.

Also can you say that same prayer for speed for my fellow Great Wall AP Robyn who is adopting a beautiful little boy Charlie who was Macy's foster brother.   I am disappointed we won't travel together but I am thrilled she is close to meeting her son.


In the meantime we are sending a new care package to Macy. This time we sent a cake and candies to her foster family and for Macy we sent a traditional Chinese New Year's outfit and a necklace I had made with a photo of our family in it. As part of the service we get to send Macy a letter which is translated into Chinese and hopefully read to her by her foster mother. My goodness what do you say to a 3 year old. (sigh), I'm not sure I got this right. How do I express the depth of my feelings for her in a way that wont terrify her? I did my best and here is what I ended up sending...

"Dearest Daughter we miss you everyday and we wish we could be with you now. We have to complete a lot of paperwork to get permission to go to you. We are working hard to finish it as quickly as possible and we hope to come to China by April. Please be a good girl while you wait for us. We hope you will not be afraid of us and that you will let us hug you when we come for you. We love you so much but we know you might be a little scared of us. We promise to always take care of you and love you so you do not have to be afraid.


We are sending you a picture of us so you will know us when we meet in the spring. Do you know that you have three brothers and a sister? Your sister Nina is three years old just like you! She can't wait to play with you and take you to school with her. We are also sending you some gifts including new clothes for Chinese New Year and a very special necklace. It has a picture of us, your forever family. We hope you will wear it and think of us everyday. The red card is one we are sending to all of our friends and family to tell them about you. Everyone is so excited to meet you. We put you right in the middle because you are so beautiful and we are already so proud of you!


Sweet little Li Ping have a wonderful Chinese New Year's celebration. Know that we love you and we will be with you soon.


Hugs and kisses,


Mommy and Daddy"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs