What happened to China being a SLOW program???

 December 3, 2009

Well you might recall that we got our PA (re approval) in 10 days rather than the usual 2-4 weeks. And you might also remember that the next step (for China) was to send us a LSC (letter seeking confirmation) and that would take 4-8 weeks right??? Well you guessed it our LSC arrived on November 27th!!! That's just 15 days from the PA. Right now China is WAY ahead of the quoted schedule. What should have taken 6-12 weeks has taken only 25 days!!!!!


But as always in the world of international adoption there is a hitch. Our social worker STILL has not signed off on our home study update (more on that at another time-when I am more calm and not ready to curse like a sailor) which means we still haven't filed our I800 to obtain the required immigration approval. I am hopeful that we will get our I800 in the mail by Monday or Tuesday the latest. That will leave us with only 10 days until we leave for Barcelona so I have no idea what happens if they give us a fingerprint appointment while we are gone. If any of you are the praying sort this is where we could use some very specific help. As things stand now we may have to push back travel from February to April. It breaks my heart to think of losing yet another two months with my sweet Macy. All I want for Christmas this year is immigration approval!!!




Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs