China vs Kazakhstan

 August 4, 2008

No this isn't about the Olympics. I was thinking about how different the adoption process is between these two neighboring countries. China seems so orderly. Everyone fills out the same paperwork, submits their dossier, and then gets in queue. All with a nice little Log In Date just to keep track of it all. Just like the deli ...now serving LID 9/13/2007 (I wish!).

Kazakhstan on the other hand seems like I'm rushing the stage at a rock concert. No real sense of who gets thru or when they get there. Just lots of chaotic action. I'm just not good at that. I'm a rule follower even if I don't especially like the rules. Of course Kaz is moving much faster than China which I like but I can't help but feel a little uneasy not knowing when we might "get the call". I read today that a kaz family who is literally 29 days ahead of us in the process will be traveling in 3 weeks. What does that mean for us? Probably nothing but it seems like it should. Doesn't it make sense that we would travel in 3 weeks and 29 days?

To cope I have decided to try to concentrate on getting ready-"the nesting phase". I do have lots to do before we travel and the truth is I am grateful just to be so close to my daughter. I guess just like the last couple month of pregnancy, the approaching end of my paper pregnancy seems ironically, to make me less and less patient.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs