I'm Not Ready...and who said you could grow up?

 February 27, 2011

 This is my oldest son Kiefer.

He's gorgeous right?

It's not just because I'm his mother, right?

Well earlier today I had a conversation with this*gorgeous* kid about him wanting and not being able to find a girl friend. Huh?  Really??

OK NOW BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER YOU ALL KNOW YOU ARE MUCH TOO OLD FOR HIM.  SO LET'S JUST ALL AGREE RIGHT NOW TO KEEP OUR COUGARS ON A LEASH. OK? OK.

So anyway tonight Kiefer continued the conversation by telling me he really wants to be married and have kids.

Not like someday either.

He meant now.

Ok well he said a couple years for the kids.

But still married NOW.

I think it was "a moment". One of those times when I should have been giving him wise, loving, supportive, motherly advice.

But I pretty much blew it because while he was sharing his plans for his future wife and family, (gulp)

I was busy screaming inside my head.

"Are you freaking crazy???? I am too young to be a grandmother!"

For cripes sake I'm still having babies!


( Let's face it, we all know I'm going to be the mother in law from hell. I mean I'm not proud of that but there's no way I'm going to like any woman who sucks around and steals my son away from me.)

I have issues.

Deep seeded issues.


I'm still processing the whole conversation.

The absurdity of it.

And the realization that we're dangerously close to the time when it won't be so absurd.


At this point it's probably just 20 year old crazy talk.

<insert moment of prayer>


Right now all I know for sure is,

I'm sort of glad he can't find a girlfriend.


Nothing in life is free.....Please vote today and each time you stop by FIVE OF MY OWN.  Just click the link below.  It will take you to the top mommy site.  Once there the vote is cast. 
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs