A Reminder of God's Promise

 July 27, 2012

On this fabulous Friday morning, one that brings the weekend promise of sleeping in (fingers crossed), I want to share a beautifully written blog by a fellow Kaz mom, Lauren Rosenfeld.

As I struggle to find my/our balance during this transition with our little Butterfly her post encouraged this mother's soul.

Photo of my baby daughter taken by my oldest son

In reading her words I was reminded of the incredible sense of relief and pride and love I felt when my oldest graduated from High School.

And she reminded me of my own conversation with God...

In the middle of the night, emotionally spent and exhausted with my newest daughter asleep in my arms I looked down at her sweet face and *I am almost too ashamed to admit* I found myself  tormented by the thought that I had made a huge mistake. 

What if she never learned to trust me?  What is she couldn't love us?  What if I couldn't love her?

The tears started to come, but then suddenly and completely the negative thoughts were gone, washed away and replaced with a sturdy peace and a single thought that drowned out all others...

And in that moment of divine clarity I knew... she was there in my arms, MY daughter,  because I had been prepared and groomed and was able and wanting to be the mother she needed.

It might not be easy but I knew she was worth it.

Thank you Lauren for reminding of these things. 

You can read Lauren's inspiring piece here....

Be The Answer: Alec’s Story (or “The only answer to a prayer I ever needed”)






Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs