Nana has left the building

 February 28, 2009

Apparently convinced now that Dart and I are doing an adequate job of caring for her dear granddaughter, Nana headed back to South Carolna this morning. She arrived here January 31st. Last night she said to me "I hope I didn't overstay my welcome". No. No way. Come on Mom it was only 30 days:)!

I'm just kidding, really Nana was a great help and it was actually nice to have her here without it being a hectic family event. Just living everyday, doing a whole lot of nothing and enjoying each other's company. When does an adult daughter get to do that with their mother? I consider myself very lucky to have had this time with my mother.

By the way Nana did manage to get those Striderites for Nina. A pink and white sneaker and a "proper" white walking shoe.


***don't tell my mother this but in the time it took me to write this post, Nina somehow managed to dump out every bit of salt and pepper in the shakers onto the kitchen floor. Oooops.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs