Catching Up

 June 7, 2008

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I am just starting to feel like I can relax a bit. I've been checking some of the blogs I follow and I've found a few more to add to my blogroll. I am so excited to see families from my agency are heading to Kaz and they are just 3-4 months ahead of us. Lately I've been trying to gear up for travel this winter. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. But wow they are so close to us. Imagine if we too were able to travel less than 6 months from now!!!



My niece Courtney who has been living with us since April was a senior in highschool and as you might imagine had lots and lots of things happening those last couple of months in school. Consequently we had lots and lots of things happening too. Last weekend was her graduation from Glen Oak high School. My Mom (Courtney's Nana) came up from South Carolina to see her graduate. It was nice to see my mother but her visit was brief and hectic with all the graduation activity. Graduation day came and Courtney did great (no tripping on stage like she feared) but man, I'm glad its over.



Also we had lots of activites for the boys as they wrapped up another year of school. This week they FINALLY had thier last days of school. They staggered into summer with Kiefer finishing on Wednesday, Aidan on Thursday and Nolan on Friday. Good timing though-just in time for the first heat wave of the summer.



Nolan was especially adorable on his last day. He came in the door crying. The tears were rolling down his puffy red cheeks because.... he didn't want to leave 2nd grade...he didn't want a new teacher...he loves Miss Cotrell! OMG it was the sweetest thing imaginable. How could I tell my heartbroken 8 year old baby boy the truth-I didn't want him to leave 2nd grade either! If only I could keep him this sweet and innocent.



But no time for emotional mommy blather I have to yell at Aidan and Kiefer to turn down the TV which is currently blasting Guitar Hero II's version of "Schools Out for Summer".

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs