Third World to Disney World

 August 23, 2012

It is beyond surreal that less than 24 hours after leaving a medical brigade and a nutrition center that fed 112 hungry children in poverty stricken El Salvador...



 I was with my own children at Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel enjoying an all you can eat buffet complete with Cinderella and Prince Charming.



Sometimes it is hard to reconcile the disparate experiences life has presented me. I'm not really even sure it is possible.

I do however have a profound appreciatition for my good fortune.

I got lucky.

I didn't earn it or deserve it more.

I just got lucky.

I'm not fabulously wealthy or famous or beautiful or talented and I certainly have my fair share of "1st world problems" but my life is cushy compared to so many others.

My life IS Disney World compared to people living in the developing world.

I'm not feeling guilty or looking for someone to give me permission to enjoy my blessings.

I'm just...

Grateful.

Prince Charming...
Beautiful Baby...

 Rides...



I need your vote to stay on the top mommy blog listing.  You can vote one time per day by clicking the brown box with the flashy thingy that says "Vote for Me".  A click is all it takes to vote!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs