Gotcha Day...Two Years Ago Today

 May 31, 2012


 Well two years and a day.

A sign that we are still not back in the swing of things…

Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of Macy Bel’s “gotcha day” and we totally whiffed on it.

Not until this morning when one of my China travel mates sent me a “happy gotcha day” message on Facebook did I realize we had missed her special day completely.


We suck.

I feel awful and incompetent. 

And GUILTY.

Guilty enough that I just agreed to take her to (Lord have mercy) Chucky Cheese to celebrate tomorrow.

A punishment fitting the crime I suppose.

While I may have blown it this year in terms of a timely celebration her “gotcha day” is in fact a moment in my life I will never forget.

Two years ago yesterday I met the bravest and most sweet natured child I could imagine.   She took my hand and walked out of the civil affairs office in Guiyang without a tear.  She was fearless and I will forever be in awe of the courage and poise my beautiful not quite four year daughter showed that day.

I know one day she may regard this day differently even perhaps negatively (though I hope not), but for me, the lucky woman who got to be her mother, it will forever be one of the happiest days of my life.


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs