Friday the 13th

 January 13, 2012

Welcome to my official Friday the 13th post.

Talk about playing into the superstition...

Remember that DS230/Article 5, the one that my agency had at 8am Monday morning, the one that usually takes 1 day for other agencies to process, the one my case worker said would take them a day to process then 2-3 days to get to China, well guess what?

Today I was told it wouldn’t be dropped off until the 17th.

Yup that’s right 11 DAYS after I got my NVC PDF.

OUT. RAGE. OUS.

But oh it gets better….

Now because of these delays we are getting caught in the Chinese New Year shut down so our pick up date, which is normally 14 days won’t happen until February 1st at the soonest.

So who’s doing the math with me?

January 6th to February 1st is how many days?  Oh yes I have it,

27 !%$#*&! DAYS.

That’s just a day shy of DOUBLE the normal time. (Of course who knows if our pick up will be February 1st right?   Still time to go for more.)

I’m beside myself with rage and grief.  Not in a million years did I think I would still waiting in 2012.

First it was 5 months for an OH Child Abuse Clearing, then a three month delay getting our home study update, and a 2 week delay on the I800a, and a 10 day delay getting our DTC, and a 2 week delay on the I800 and now this.
SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME LAST OCTOBER.
Excuse me if I’m not a happy adopter. And PLEASE don’t tell me "it’s all for a reason" or "it will all be worth the wait" or talk about "His time".  I’m over it,  done with the platitudes.  The rainbows and unicorns left this adoption about three freakin screw ups ago.

This sort of cruel and inhumane bureaucratic ineptitude needs to end.  Yes for me the whiney, impatient, pain in the ass, HEARTSICK mother but most of all for my daughter, (you know the child with the unknown brain injury who needs therapy now if she’s ever to be able to live a normal life).

She waited for TWO YEARS on the waiting child list, wasn’t that long enough... immoral enough?

What could these last (wasted) 5 months have meant to her...to us?

PLEASE VOTE, I WANT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO READ ABOUT THIS.
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs