Our Last Visit with Nina

 November 25, 2008

An hour ago, we left the baby house for that last time until we return to bring Nina home forever. I am not sure how to process the wave of emotions crashing down on me. I came here to meet a baby girl which was a happy fantasy but now I am leaving behind my daughter and my heart is breaking.

Nina was PERFECT today. We could not have hoped for a better visit. She was laughing, playing, cuddling, kissing and hugging. She only wanted to be with us. Nina even sat on Dart’s lap! Our memories of this day are bittersweet. Nina, baby doll, I am counting down the minutes …

Tonight we are going to a hockey game with Arman, our translator and all around nice kid, and Jill and Wade, our new best friends! Dart has been hoping we would get a chance to see the Ust-Kam team play. It looks like Jamair Jagr is playing on the opposing Russian team so it will be extra fun. We’re going to try to make it a celebration-our last night in Ust -Kamenogorsk(for now).

Tomorrow morning we will go to court and God willing we will be granted our adoption. We are officially then, Nina’s parents. I am pushing away any thoughts that something might go wrong but I would be lying if I didn’t admit to feeling nervous. We will head to the airport after court for a 3pm flight to Almaty then @ 2:30 am we head to Astana, then Frankfurt, Chicago and home to Cleveland! We should get in about 4:30pm on Thanksgiving Day… apropos for this very thankful mommy.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs