Not sure if I would be really great or really awful on the Amazing Race???

 May 4, 2013

So things started off smooth enough.. We got there with our 500 pounds of luggage (no really 500 hundred freakin pounds) and actually got checked in and through security in half an hour.  Kiefer even got added to the standby list for business class, (a minor miracle given those boots. Oy!)



But...there's always a but...especially it seems when you are traveling with me,  ugh, we were delayed in Cleveland.  Clear blue skies doesn't mean clear sailing, we (by "we" I mean United) had a mechanical problem with the hunk of junk prop job  plane. We finally departed for DC more than an hour late.



And so we missed our connection to Frankfurt...by 5 minutes (just to add a little insult to that injury).  We then spent more time than on the whole flight to DC waiting for United's (lack of) Customer Service Rep to "fix" their error.  We were eventually rebooked on a flight the next day and after some "encouragement" from me they agreed to bump Kiefer up to first class. I was already upgraded...don't judge...I'm a princess missionary :)

(I don't want to go on rant but can I just say UNITED IS AWFUL...TWO WORDS MR SMISEK...SERVICE RECOVERY...OR IF YOU PREFER...SEVERANCE PACKAGE?)



Anywho...we ended up at the Hilton Dulles where we are currently hanging out until our flight to Frankfurt at 5pm tonight (Saturday).  That means we wont get to Ust until Monday at 5pm.

Since I am supposed to be leading the team in Ust and since I have all of the documents, money, materials for the team there was a bit of contingency planning needed.  We were up late into the night working with the Two Hearts Team in both the US and Kaz.

Thank goodness I work with an incredible, UNFLAPPABLE,  group of women.  We got all  most of the details worked out and then Kiefer and I had a 1am burger and drink-Russian style-of potato vodka and apple juice. Sweet dreams...


All and all we are taking it in stride. What else can we do right? The important thing is we WILL get there and the kids WILL get their playground. We're just going to keep smiling!



And though we are still stateside our intrepid teammates made their way to Frankfurt, found each other, LOOK VERY HAPPY and are on their way right now to Almaty. 

Hoping we join them very, very soon!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs