I love it when a plan comes together...

 August 9, 2012

I leave for El Salvador bright and early Sunday morning. As I have shared this is a work project-one I am very excited about.

Over the past 3 years I have had these amazing experiences through adoption, mission trips and other humanitarian travel. I must admit each time I come back I find myself scheming about how to check out of my "real life"( the one with a job and a mortgage) and create a new reality that allows me to do more of the humanitarian work I find so rewarding.

But a girl's gotta eat...and so do her SIX kids.

The trick was to find a way to merge my personal aspirations and passions with my professional work. This trip to El Salvador signifies a major step in that direction.

And it leaves me grateful to know I work with people who share a vision similar to my own. Maybe they don't want to lead a full time missionary's life but they are willing to give.

They are willing to stretch outside their comfort zone, give up their valuable time off, get shots at the travel clinic and live out of a back pack and eat (maybe) scary food and deal with the heat and mosquitos and bad plumbing (ahem) all to help their fellow man.

THESE ARE THE KIND OF DECENT PEOPLE I WORK WITH.

THESE ARE THE KIND OF DOCTORS AND PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS I WORK WITH.

THESE ARE THE GOOD GUYS.

And I am humbled by them.


No surprise that I will be blogging thoughout the trip.  You can find my team blog here...

http://4melsalvador.blogspot.com/2012/08/with-love-from-cleveland-local-er.html


Please help cheer us along, as always your comments and well wishes are appreciated.


Oh and PLEASE vote...
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs