What role do IAP's play in child trafficking?

 August 5, 2011

I am sure by now most of you have heard about the recent order by a Guatemalan court about a child who was kidnapped and subsequently adopted by a family in Missouri. The court has ordered the child to be returned to the birth mother.

If not you can read about it here.

I've read a lot of pretty awful comments on this topic; many condemning the adoptive parents. It's hard to read because well, I AM an adoptive parent.

The whole situation is an absolute tragedy...for EVERYONE involved. There is a huge debate about what should be done in the aftermath but honestly I don't want to get into that here.

Instead, I simply want to ask a question...to you...my readers...who are mostly adoptive parents (I think).

What role, if any,  do we as adoptive parents play in child trafficking/child laundering? 

Since I know this is a loaded question and pretty much waving a red flag in front of the "all IA is bad" contingency, I am asking that only those who have actually adopted internationally and are willing to comment under a public ID respond.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs