Heartfelt Thank You

 April 8, 2011



Real life miracles...just like in the movies...only better.

Last night was a cross between It's a Wonderful Life and a Jerry Lewis telethon! 

The day started with a hastily written post asking for donations for our mission trip and ended with a miraculous outpouring of love and support.

I could hardly keep up with the offers of support as I was flooded with emails, FB messages and texts! 

Praise God! This is a good problem to have!!

From every direction we were getting offers of support. 

10 bottle of vitamins, a case of bubbles, baby wipes, and face paints and diaper cream....it just kept coming.

And the well wishes, support, prayers, the LOVE.

(well that's adoption for you!)

I'm still overcome by the response.

But am I surprised?

Not really.

I have seen this force at work before. This amazing community of adoptive families as well as folks who simply have a heart for orphans I have grown to love.

They are  (YOU ARE) the unexpected blessings of our adoptions.

The donations continued late into the night and are still coming in this morning.

As the clock ticked well past my bedtime and I feverishly tried to respond to the emails and facebook posts, I looked around at my house and saw the dishes from dinner still in the sink, paper and paint brushes left on the girl's play table, the work I brought home from the office left untouched and...

I smiled as I posted this, my facebook sign off for the night...

"all things I was supposed to do tonight...not done. Who cares? Instead I was glued to FB watching a miracle unfold before me. All of you who chose to support the orphans in Chen Zhou China with donations and prayers were the hands and feet of God tonight. My heart is filled with hope and I am humbled by your generosity. Thank you."

And then.... a long.... satisfied.... sigh

This is what passion fulfilled feels like I think.

And then tears.

It really is a wonderful life.


IF YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO DONATE TO THE CHILDREN OF CHEN ZHOU HERE THERE IS STILL A NEED.

this is a request received last night from an orphanage we will visit called "Butterfly House"
  • Artificial tears/moisturising eye drops/hypromellose or similar – we have 2 kids using these 3 x a day so get through them quite quickly
  • ·         Tramadol capsules 50 mgs
  • ·         Ventolin nebules or similar for nebuliser
  • ·         Budesonide for nebuliser
  • ·         Lactulose
  • ·         Any children’s meds containing senna
  • ·         Children’s vitamin drops (not tablets)
  • ·         Emollient cream. We have one child who has very sensitive, dry skin. Any nice soothing, non perfumed , cream/lotion and bath wash very welcome!
  • ·         Any children’s preparation antibiotics
  • ·         Nappy creams
WE HAVE A MISSION TEAM BLOG YOU CAN FOLLOW WHILE WE ARE IN CHINA!
Please follow along as we deliver all of your wonderful donations.

(we are still putting the finaishing touches on it and trying to catch up on te thank yous but,
I wanted to make sure everyone knew how to see their gifts of love in action!!) 











Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs