Cleveland 10 Miler

 April 23, 2011

My first (like in my whole life) medal!

Today, exactly one week before I run my first half marathon in Nashville, I ran an excruciating 10 mile race here at home. I finished but it wasn't pretty.



It wasn't the course that was challenging it was more  like...

MY COMPLETE LACK OF CONDITIONING AND TRAINING.

or perhaps

A GENETICALLY DISABLING LACK OF FAST TWITCH MUSCLE.

I don't know maybe it's just

MY FAT ASS.

All I know is that by the end of this race I did not have another three miles in me. 


Don't let the cheesy grin fool you-that's just reflex for the camera.


I have no earthly idea how I am going to run 13.1 miles next week.


But here's the good news

I do know that I get to do with some of the coolest, most accomplished and inspiring women I have ever known.  

Most are Kazakhstan adoptive moms 

and if there is one thing you can count on with Kaz Mamas it is tenacity.

I'm hoping for a double dose.

I'm too tired to beg...so be a pal and just vote okay?


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

technical difficulties...if you want to comment click the time on the post...I know weird...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs