I800 Approved

 February 26, 2010

Finally, four moths after our referral we have our 1800 approval. We have been at a dead standstill since November 27th waiting for this approval so this is a big, big deal!


I was expecting it since I have been calling Nina our case officer almost daily this week to find out our status. Then today I got a call from the National Benefits Center. I was totally expecting to hear Nina on the other end telling me we were approved but instead I heard this; "this is an automated message from the National Benefits Center, our office is closed for the day. There will be no further approvals made this week." then silence. At least 30 seconds went by before I heard "Ha, just kidding Lori you are approved!" Talk about near death, but it was funny. Nina then went on to tell me how cute our daughter (we agree) is and told me she showed her off to all the girls in the office. How sweet is that? It makes me feel good to think there are people out there who get it. Let’s hope the next person who handles our travel approval paperwork is as caring (and efficient).

So, Woo Hoo one step closer!

And in case you wondered.....7-10 weeks...that's how much longer we likely have to wait before we travel to China. That's sometime between April 23rd and May 14th. Well Mother's Day is the 9th of May---a beautiful daughter would certainly make for the ultimate Mother's Day present!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs