Return to Ust Kamenogorsk Kazakhstan

 April 30, 2013

I am going to be posting a few blogs over the next week or so because on Friday I am heading back to Ust Kamenogorsk to serve at the orphanage where my sweet Nina lived from age 8 to 24 months.  While I have been back to Kazakhstan since the adoption,  I haven't been back to Ust since the day I clutched my new daughter in my arms and boarded a plane for home. That was January of 2009...and it feels like another lifetime. For many reasons this is going to be a an emotional return to my daughters birthplace.

I am leading a team for Two Hearts for Hope and our official mission will be to install a playground at the Ust baby house. 

Unofficially my personal mission is far more complicated...

As I prepare to embark on this emotional journey I stumbled across the video I made after our last Two Hearts mission trip.  I think I've posted it here before but I wanted to share it again.... maybe more for me to remind myself why I'm doing this.

Please keep my team and the kids we meet close in thought and prayer...

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs